- One vehicle out of 5 is subject to a counter-visit at the end of its technical inspection.
- 11.2% of the counter-visit cases concern LPG / Gas vehicles.
- 9.5% of counter-visit causes for the ground connection part (mainly tires).
- 8.7% of counter-visit causes for lighting and signage.
- 5.4% of counter-visit causes for braking.
To ensure that your technical control is going as well as possible, consult our advice which will guide you on the procedure to follow:
How Is The Professional Control Of Your Vehicle?
- Check if the passage of the technical control concerns your vehicle.
- Make an appointment online or by phone by visiting the appointment page.
- On the day of the technical inspection, make sure to present a clean vehicle, avoid the clutter of the trunk and provide you with your registration certificate (registration card). It is not possible to pass a technical inspection without a registration card.
- A technical inspection lasts an average of 30 to 45 minutes, allowing the verification of 133 regulatory control points.
- We help you in the form of a detailed list of things to check before your appointment.
- pdf autos Proces Verbal type Download Checklist of Checkpoints to Check
Some Points To Check For The Preparation Of The Technical Control And Avoid A Counter Visit :
Specialized Inspection LPG Vehicles: made to test the excellent functioning of the fuel gas system, the absence of significant deterioration of the gas tank. The technical control of this type of vehicle is identical to a traditional technical inspection, except the verification of additional points, related to this mode of carburation.
Ground Connections: Before the check, check the pressure and condition of your tires. These should not include cuts, deformities, or hernias. You can check the level of wear on your tires by checking the condition of the wear indicators that should not touch the tire tread (groove depth greater than 1.6 millimeters).
An under-inflated tire is equivalent to up to 8% more fuel consumption and presents a danger for driving.
Lighting / Signage: Lighting is to be seen safely. Also, the entire lighting system must conform to operation, in particular, the passing and driving lights, the position and flashing lights (front and rear), the brake lights including the third light, the lateral and rear reflectors. And finally the indicator lights on the dashboard.
Finally, make sure that the hazard warning lights work correctly under all circumstances.
Vehicle Identification: your vehicle must be able to be quickly identified by the VIN following the data of your registration card. Besides, it is necessary to check the correct fixing of your front and rear license plates. They must be legible and undamaged. Attention, only the regulatory plates are accepted, and two formats are accepted:
- SIV type plates ( System I > identification V > vehicle – vehicles registered since April 15, 2009: “XX-123-XX”), which require cold hit characters on a white background, the department number and presence of the Region logo placed on the right, then the European logo accompanied by the letter F on a blue background.
- FNI plates (old format: “numbers – letters – the number of the department”), which are characterized by black characters struck on a white background in the front and on a white or yellow background in the back.
Braking: it is above all the primordial safety organ. As a result, the brake pads, discs, drums, and brake hose must not show any significant wear or malfunction. The imbalances are mainly controlled as well as the parking brake (handbrake).
The Exhaust Line: the noise level and pollution will be checked. Visually, you can be aware of malfunctions if strong fumes are exhausted from the muffler, or in case of presence of white fumes (sign of engine overheating), black fumes (engine combustion problem) or blue fumes (oil consumption by the engine).
The equipment: ensure that the seats of your vehicle are correctly fastened, in the general condition:
of all the seat belts (correct working condition and accessibility for the control, remember to release the belts that could be hidden under the back seat).